Get up to $500 off your next flooring purchase >
Routine Laminate Floor Cleaning & Care
Caring for Laminate Floors
Caring for laminate floors is easy because they’re made to stand up to wear and tear, even in busy households. Follow the manufacturers’s recommended care and maintenance steps and you can expect many years of effortless beauty.
- Clean your laminate floor using a microfiber or terry cloth mop and laminate cleaner (you can find laminate cleaners online, or in a store where floor cleaning supplies are sold). Check with your manufacturer for floor cleaning specifications.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly using the wand attachment on your vacuum cleaner. DO NOT use the beater bar on your vacuum, or it could damage the floor. If you don't have the option to turn off the beater bar, Use a dust mop or broom to clean up debris.
- After the floor is cleaned of dust, and other debris, spray laminate floor cleaner on the microfiber mop, or spray directly on to the flooring and use your mop to clean the floor.
Maintaining Your Laminate Floor
Your beautiful laminate floor is scratch and impact resistant, but not indestructible! Maximize its durability by following these laminate floor care tips.
- Use floor protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. The heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture brought into your home.
- Protect your beautiful investment with an area rug. This also can compliment your new flooring, and also add additional color to your room.