Product Care & Maintenance
Caring for and maintaining your Cambria is easy. Just wash and wipe it down with a soft cloth, warm water and mild soap.
DO NOT expose Cambria to any types of abrasive or strong alkaline, acid, free radicals or oxidizers cleaners. Chemicals like these are corrosive and severely damage any type of surface, including Cambria.
Please remember that Cambria is:
NOT heat proof
NOT chemical proof
NOT fracture proof
Do NOT use the following products on Cambria: bleach, oven cleaners, Comet®, Soft Scrub®, SOS®, batteries, paint remover, silver or tarnish cleaners, furniture strippers, any kind of product with pumice, or products like these. It’s also advised to NOT apply sealers, treatments or any penetrants. These types of products will eventually wear off and remove your gloss or dull it. You may contact Cambria for further information by calling 1-866-Cambria.
- Cambria is pure natural quartz with many variations, unique characteristics that is offered in many different colors, patterns, sizes, shapes and shades!
- Many designs are built around the color blotches in Cambria, to enhance the natural beauty of it. If you receive a sample of a slab, know that this is not a full representation of the what you have installed.
- Cambria is durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip-proof. Objects hitting edges particularly at sinks or dishwashers could possibly cause chips.
- It is not a seamless product
- Do not allow sudden heat transfer from hot pots and pans and other small cooking units like frying pans and crockpots as Cambria can be damaged from this heat. Try to always use a hot pad or trivet to prevent heating the Product.
- Cambria does not have a natural structural support. Cambria thicknesses of 2cm and 3cm are for countertops and must be supported. 1cm thicknesses can be used on certain surfaces such as walls, tub and shower surrounds and fireplaces and even horizontal applications, such as a tub deck. Horizontal applications must be completely supported as well.
- Cambria installation is optimized when walls and cabinets are properly prepared for installation. This includes but is not limited to structurally sound, straight, level and square walls and cabinets, lack of which may cause poor installation and poor seam fit, or inconsistent countertop overhang and placement.